Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And then I found 5 dollars (ok, well it was actually only 1...)



It's true, I found a dollar today on the ground at the bus stop. Good thing I decided to take the bus. Not only for that reason, it also started raining a lot outside during class. Glad I won't have to bike back in that misery. I also watched a movie in Anthropology today called Clever Monkeys. It was a ridiculous movie, complete with slow mo shots and dramatic music accompanying monkeys doing normal, everyday activities like eating and sleeping. And then they try to tell me that if I had lived millions of years ago I would have been a monkey. I think they needed all those drama shots and music just to make me feel ok with my roots. Like to give us humans a sort of dignity and respect that we deserve coming from our not as sophisticated relatives= the apes. And yes, it was narrated by a guy with a british accent. I think the most hilarious part though was when it was all over and the guy in front of me turns to his friend behind him and is like "damn, that was just like watching the discovery channel". Like no shit! What a great observation! I was kind of wondering where I had scene movies like that before....Man, I am so grateful my classes are filled with all sorts of academics like him. They really shed light on the big questions of life. Scary. Let me enlighten you a bit here before I wrap things up. I found this great pic of one of our early ancestors. I believe he is one of the first known mathemeticians of the early ape turning human culture. I'm guessing he was definitely a member of one of the earliest known Math clubs.
And looks like cats are the only psychotics out there:

No comments:

Post a Comment