Saturday, September 11, 2010

I wanted a cool name for this second post, but couldn't think of one, so this is it.

So I'm sitting here thinking of what special things to commemorate in this here blog. As I munch on my white cheddar rice cake, it comes to me!- Nothing. Nothing comes to me. Not to say that my day or life is boring, but simply and very simply Nothing.  There is, however, a notable artifact in my immediate surroundings that I deem necessary to mention, especially in accordance with this blog.  The RD of Ferrell Hall, Jenny Carter, is an avid lover of cats, or so it seems.  I infer this from her two mousepads.  One, the bottom one, is the normal pad with the Dell symbol, but right on top of it is a mouse pad with four kittens.  MAE! I just found the exact picture of it on Google images (please see the bottom of this page).  This is very concerning to me. She. has. two. mousepads. one of which has kittens. 

Well I guess in this post, we should take a moment of silence for the events that happened 9 whole years ago on this day.  Dang. We went on our RA retreat last night and this morning we were eating a continental breakfast and watching tv.  On NBC, they were playing their whole coverage of the story from nine years ago.  Abbie Allena and I watched it for almost an hour. It was intense. Where were you? I was in 7th grade in Religion class with Sr. Eileen when we were all sent home. They were really nervous about Albuquerque because we have some national labs in town that do very secretive stuff.  It sounds really bad, but I remember one thing I was thinking that day was that it would have sucked to have a birthday on 9.11 because no body would even care about it. I was a messed up child. I still am.
 

1 comment:

  1. Omg I cannot stop giggling to myself. If I weren't in a public place right now I might just be rolling around on the floor laughing. That cat picture of the cat with the remote and the beer is just to much! Not to mention the appropriate patriotic cat pic. LMAO!
    And Jenny Carter has an affinity for cats! lol!

    ReplyDelete