Monday, October 4, 2010

BC Promo Video

So, today around 12noon, I received a call from Sandy in the student life office. Sandy is one of those women who smiles at every student even on days when she doesn't really want to.  She spoke with a tone that brought me back to the good ol' days of tea and crumpets with the Queen- the Queen of the Regal Tones, of course, and in our conversation, we spoke briefly of 'how we were,' not that either of us truely paid any notice to the answer of the other's question. What does 'good' or 'well' mean in these days anyway?- the days of chai and Ritz, with whom we have no one to share.   Sandy didn't offer me any beverage or snack to share with her, but rather directed me to a man. This man was Tom.  'Tom' is the only thing I knew about this man who I came into contact with over a five minute span of discussion.  Rather, he discovered numerous facts about me and my relation to Benedictine College- like stars across the sky all because of my Hispanic descent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment