Thursday, October 14, 2010

Halloween is up and coming

I was thinking about it and I don't know how I would create a rubric based on peoples responses. I mean I could, but how would the point system go? Would the be awarded higher points for not reacting to my racial slur or for making a scene out of it? What do you think, Kit? Should people be rewarded for being racially color blind or for their lack or ethnocentrism? Something to think on...

So I would like to see this man that you think is oh so attractive...on a comparable rubric, would he score high pointage on the 'hot black guy' rubric?  Will you be working while Clare and I visiting? I hope so, so that we can see him then. I would definately add to your "Beer Fund"...except that I don't like beer...well actually I think that I am slowly acquiring a taste for it. The more I try it, the more I don't want to kill myself. Actually, this past weekend, Doro, Teresa, Rachel Ruhl and Melissa Keating were having a drink in my room and Melissa had this raspberry beer that tasted nothing like beer, but rather tasted like a little slice of heaven- raspberry heaven. It was delicious!  I think it's imported and so it may be a bit harder to find, but I will find it one day.  Also, I decided that I don't like the taste of alcohol (hard liquors) in general unless they don't taste like alcohol- like in gummy bear shots or a long island iced tea for example.  Gosh, I am craving one now that I am thinking of it.  Yum. 

Well anyway, people around me have started thinking about Halloween and I felt kind of left out, so I thought that I should start thinking of thinking of it possibly, maybe sometime soon.  Well that day came today when in the cafe, people were throwing around ideas.  Laura G'Sell is going to be Popeye and she doesn't have an Olive to compliment her, so I thought that may be an idea. See picture below. I don't know if I could pull off her black bob...



So then I randomly thought of the YipYips from Sesame Street. See picture below. Also check out these links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_trSIBCgF0  and  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SB0lM8xR1s.  Easy enough to make and no one would even know it was me. I need someone to do it with me, though... maybe Nikki will do it...I'll ask. Actually, I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a few years, so why not start it up again in my senior year of college!  Got any better ideas? Through them my way, Kitty.


Well, unfortunately there isn't a lot going on, unless you count me laying in my bed for almost 2 days straight. On the upside, I am almost finished with my book: Jodi Piccoult's Nineteen Minutes. I hear there is a surprise ending and I have my guesses, but we'll see. I like her style of writing, but she's definately a downer.  This book is all about a school shooting in which the main character killed 10 people and wounded like 15 or so more. Ouch. I just can't relate to wanting to rampage through my school and kill as many people as I could.  Were you ever bullied in high school?  The main character, Peter, was and that's what led him to "shoot 'em up" if you will. I was never really bullied, but I was thinking about it today while I was reading and I remember this one time that a guy made me cry in Theology class. His name was Brian Battaglia. I don't remember what we were arguing about, but he wouldn't even let me speak and kept taunting me by saying, "What are you gonna cry? Baby, you gonna cry? Crybaby!" Ugh. I still get all worked up even thinking about it.  That was freshman year of HS. Sophomore year of college I was at my brother's apartment hanging out when some of their neighbors came up and low and behold, Brian Battaglia walks in along with Gene Romero (who was nice- we had PE together my Freshman year of HS).  Even though it had been at least 4 years since the incident, I was still pissed when I saw him.  I tried to be nice, but it was rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment