Thursday, October 7, 2010

Saint Gertrude of Nivelles Pray for us!

St. Gertrude: Patron saint of cats and those who love cats.

"YE SHALL NOT POSSESS ANY BEAST, MY DEAR SISTERS, SAVE ONLY A CAT"
    ~St. Gertrude

I did a bit of research about her and could not find the real reason that she is the patroness of cats...hmmm...
With an educated guess, I would venture to say that she prayed for souls in Purgatory a lot, which are symbolized by mice in tradition.  Cats have some relation to mice...so there! Cats will chase the souls out of Purgatory!

In other news, it is just about 4:30am and I haven't started to study for my Philosophy of Ed midterm which is at 10:50...and I have a 9:25 physical fitness class to top it off! YAY! I am just so bad at procrastination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment